Friday, April 9, 2010

It's been a while since I updated, and trust me, there will be more frequent updates when I get out to Yellowstone for the summer.

Sam and I wanted to try Secor Metropark today. It really can't be considered hiking, but getting outside and enjoying the weather is still great. I took my camera just in case I saw anything unusual. The first thing I noticed was how flooded the park was. We weren't able to get to the majority of the park because of high water, so that really hindered my ability to go out and get some great pictures. Because of all the water, we decided to go back to the Nature Center, eat lunch, and go to REI in Ann Arbor. REI is a store that specializes in hiking, backpacking, and climbing. I needed some hiking pants so I picked up some Sahara Convertible Pants. I'll post my review of them after doing some hiking tomorrow.

Like always, pictures from today:


4 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Shane! Don't show your dad the one of the squirrel for obvious reasons...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Canon Powershot SX10IS. It has 20x Optical Zoom, and is 10 megapixel. And thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one : ( My camera is a 3 year old sony point and shoot with only 7.2 mp...

    ReplyDelete