Friday, April 2, 2010

Oak Openings Hiking

The weather was fantastic today! It made for a great day of hiking out at Oak Openings with Sam. We started out at about 8:30am, and took a 30 minute break at 11:30 for lunch. We got back to the car at 3:20pm. So, we figured it to be a 17 mile hike in about 6 hours and 20 minutes if you don't count the lunch break. Not bad, just under 3 miles an hour.

Yesterday I picked up some Merrell MOAB GRX hiking boots...










I was sort of concerned about wearing them for today's hike because I didn't get a chance to break them in. It looks like wearing them anyways was a good choice! I had no problems at all. My feet stayed dry thanks to the Goretex, and I was comfortable the whole day.

I took the pictures from today and put them in the slideshow below:

2 comments: