Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Almost Settled In

Today has been interesting so far. I woke up early for my orientation so that I could get there before the bus crowd. When I got to the orientation building, there were only a few other people there. I was asked a few questions, I filled out some forms, and was on my way to Mammoth Hot Springs. What I didn't know is that I have to stay here for 2 nights instead of going to my location right away. So, I had to unpack a bunch of my stuff for now. I don't have any cell phone service here, but at least the internet is fast. As you can see, I made myself right at home...



And I have one more picture to share that I took on my way to the park today.


It reads "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people", and is at the north entrance to Yellowstone. Well, time to go do some more training and do some hiking afterwards. All these days in the car have started to get to me...I need some exercise!

4 comments:

  1. That's a decent size room - is that for you and someone or just you? Hope you meet some lifelong friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I have two roommates but its 4pm already and I just got back to my room...still no sign of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKS AWESOME! i can't believe i have never been to yellowstone. i have heard of awesome parties where your voice travels for ever and there is no light in the dark - not even the light from a nearby city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picture there! Looking forward to hearing how your first day of work went there. Have you met your other roommate yet?

    ReplyDelete