Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Road Opened

On Friday, my friend Susan and I really wanted to do some hiking for the day. After spending all week in the car, in training, and having bad weather, we couldn't wait to get away from it all for a day. We went to the Ranger Station at Old Faithful to see what they recommended. Almost everything near Old Faithful is still closed, either because there is still too much snow or there are too many bears. If we wanted to do some serious hiking, we were going to have to travel up north at least an hour. This didn't phase us, as we got right in my car and started to go.

As soon as we left though, I had forgotten that the road had finally opened to go further south towards Grand Teton National Park. The park is my second favorite, next to Yellowstone. We both decided that this would be a better choice than heading up north. So, we headed south towards the Tetons and arrived at the trail head for Hidden Falls about an hour and a half later. We managed to get some great pictures, of both the landscape and the wildlife. Unfortunately, we couldn't get pictures of the pack of wolves we saw during the drive down. They ran across the road about 100 feet in front of my car, stopped for a second and looked at me, then continued into the forest. It all happened so fast that I didn't have enough time to reach back and grab my camera while trying to drive at the same time. The whole experience sent chills through my body, and I will never forget it.

Here are some of the pictures we did manage to get though...










No comments:

Post a Comment