Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The First Days

Well, since most of you know by now, the internet in Yellowstone flat out stinks. So, having the day off I decided to make a short trek to West Yellowstone in Montana. It's only about a 30 minute drive, and they have a public library with free internet access. Not too bad if I have to come here once a week, and my friends that come with me can go walk around town and stock up on things. So, it works out for everyone.

I started orientation and training last Tuesday in Mammoth Hot Springs. They had me stay there for a couple days before going to my real destination, Old Faithful Lodge. Mammoth is a really nice place in Yellowstone, and is one of the oldest "towns" inside the park. The only downside with staying in Mammoth for a few days was having to unpack all my stuff for the dorm there, only to pack it all up again to make the 2 hour drive south to Old Faithful. Otherwise, I had a great time meeting new people, learning the system, and getting prepared for my new job.

After the first day of training, I took a trip to Lamar Valley with some friends to see if we could get some pictures of wildlife, and we were treated to some great opportunities...










No comments:

Post a Comment