Monday, May 10, 2010

By Myself

Another reminder: you can click on the picture slideshow and it will open in a new window. Then, you can manually go through each picture at a much higher resolution and in more detail.


Well, I dropped my dad off at the airport this morning so now I am by myself. This will be the first and last day by myself, since tomorrow I will be in the dorms meeting my new roommates and moving in. My plan was to drop off my dad, then come back to the hotel and get a couple extra hours of sleep. Unfortunately, waking up at 5am the last few days has gotten to me, so now I am wide awake. No extra sleep for me! Oh well, more time to go explore.


Yesterday we traveled to Old Faithful so my dad could see where I am working. It turns out that the place I am working at isn't even open yet until later this week! But, we did have good timing for the geyser as it erupted right when we went to see it. After that, we traveled to Lamar Valley in the northeastern end of the park and got to see some wildlife. My dad managed to get some great shots with his camera...


A Grizzly snacking on an unsuspecting tourist. (Just kidding!)


Check out this great set of pictures, and the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOK1kTJXD14









And last but not least...



Here is a slideshow of everything from yesterday, including higher res photos of the ones above.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh shane - i am so glad you are blogging. this is so exciting and these are great pictures!!! i am so living vicariously thorugh you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am posting a video of the Rams as well, keep an eye out for it on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow - that is amazing. It's like out of a movie! (or a documentary!). Love your blogging - what great writing you do! :) your mama and dad must be so proud! Keep it up and have a wonderful time meeting your roommates and the others!

    ReplyDelete